The True Alignment of the Researchers?

The True Alignment of the Researchers?

So, on May 23rd and May 25th 2014, Stein Lightman posted a series of theories regarding the Resistance and Enlightened Shaper Glyphs and their newly discovered variants. 
 
For the Enlightened Glyphs: Unlike the Resistance, however, I have yet to come up with a comprehensive hypothesis of the divide that lies in the interpretation of Enlightened ideology. Some proposed, on my previous thread, that perhaps the difference lies between those who believe Roland Jarvis vs. Hank Johnson represent the true face of the Faction, or perhaps that the differences are between those who embrace Enlightenment cautiously vs. enthusiastically. A possibility, but personally I disagree. I am of the opinion that 'the great schism' that will divide the Enlightenment has not yet been discovered. I believe that as we learn more of the nature of the Shapers, what they or it are, and what the Ordered Data Signal's true purpose and power is, a great divide will emerge. 


And for the Resistance: In light of the recent developments with my former colleague, Devra Bogdanovich, I returned to examine these two Glyphs. It took me some time before deciding to call them 'Type A' and 'Type B.'  By naming them Types A and B, I hope to place them on equal grounds for analysis. Here is my hypothesis, and I say 'my' loosely as I know other Investigators have raised this theory on their own as well: These Glyphs represent two entirely different interpretations of Resistance ideology. One of them represents those who seek to utilize Exotic Matter, the Portals and the Ordered Data Signal to further a human-centric cause. In practice, they choose to utilize the Ingress Scanner to build Resistance Portals, Links and Fields, using this tool for what they believe is the betterment of mankind.(MuMu note-let's call this Type A) The other represents a more fundamental view towards Exotic Matter and its manifestations, i.e. that XM is intrinsically problematic, dangerous, a threat to mankind and must be stopped. This interpretation would of course be in line with Dr. Bogdanovich's thinking(MuMu note-let's call this Type B.).

When Devra Bogdanovich was captured by RES again in Shonin, I was thinking she'd be a N'zeer supporter so it surprised me when she told Hank not to go to Persepolis. Why? Perhaps it's because Devra was Type B RES while Jahan is Type A

Now, in #Abaddon  we are dealing with the re-shuffling of the game board so to speak and re-aligning all the researchers again in one go. With the Lightman discovery in mind, I ask you all for your thoughts on this: 

Which variant ideology will each researcher stand on after being reunited via Flash Shards? Will Carrie remain Type B? Will Misty become Type A? How can we determine which variant they believe in? Or does it not matter at all? 

In the name of the investigation, I release this information. I can only hope it serves our journey well. 

-Mustafa. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind