Before I sleep my mind drifts to the name Morpheus, that sits on top of the files both Melissa Wikkedimp and I have...

Before I sleep my mind drifts to the name Morpheus, that sits on top of the files both Melissa Wikkedimp and I have gotten.... What does this name mean?

Morpheus is the name of a Greek god of Dreams. He was the leader of his brothers and had the power to appear in the dreams of humans. Through these dreams he sent messages to humans about their future. He was able to mimic any human form at will in these dreams, something his brothers could not do... This may be why he would oversee the dreams of heroes and kings and influence the dreams of Gods....

His uncle is also the god of Death, Thanatos...

Considering that H. Richard Loeb keeps titling his posts under the tag 'passage to Osiris' , who is also another god of the Dead and death but an Egyptian one, I found that piece of Morpheus's family tree interesting....

Ingress John Hanke Andrew Krug flint dille Edgar Allan Wright #ingress

[embed]http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends-europe/morpheus-greek-god-dreams-who-delivered-messages-gods-mortal-world-002318[/embed]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind