Hey all, this shared post, is part of my slow step by step process of giving my goodbyes to the loss of the week,...



Hey all, this shared post, is part of my slow step by step process of giving my goodbyes to the loss of the week, and NOT main topic of discussion.... But seeing as how I have fallen a bit out of the loop for over the past 10-14 days, anyone feel like giving me a general refresher of what I have been missing in the overall OpEsX findings? I plan on reviewing posts and forums, discussions, etc but as I am on very pressured time any truncated, or refresher notes appreciated.

Originally shared by The @BlackHorse23 Files

I know at some point I'll have to move on and catch up on the rest of the Niantic investigations, but for the time being I hope you all can take a bit out of my own current experiences.

The video posted below is the first stanza of a popular Iranian song called  Morghe Sahar (مرغ سحر) "Bird of Dawn", It's been a personal favorite of mine and its timeless lyrics always change with me , the performer of the video is Ostad. (Maestro) Shajarian who did this rendition as a charity event in the wake of the earthquake in the ancient city of Bam. To call this performance prolific is simply an understatement. Lyrics provided in Farsi and English verse by verse though some poetic and contextual liberties have been taken to fit an English Speakers understanding. The (lyrics in parentheses) are my re iteration and translation. 
  http://youtu.be/cPxhKl7Z9aQ
Morḡ-e saḥar, nāla sar kon!

مرغ سحر ناله سر کن
O nightingale (Bird of Dawn), make a moaning sound (Wail once more)
dāḡ-e marā tāzatar kon

داغ مرا تازه تر کن
And further deepen my sorrow
 (Renew again that which burns within me)
z-āh-e šararbār in qafas-rā
baršekan o zir o zabar kon

ز آه شرر بار، این قفس را بر شکن و زیر زبر کن
Break and overturn the cage out of a heartfelt sigh (With your restless  exhale , shatter and overturn this cage)
bolbol-e par-basta ze konj-e qafas dar-ā 
naḡma-ye āzādi-e nawʿ-e bašar sarā

بلبل پر بسته ز کنج قفس درآ نغمه ی آزادی نوع بشر سرآ
O cage-bound nightingale get out of the cage , sing the song of human liberty
("O" wing clipped songbird cornered within  this cage,  draw out the chorus of humanity's liberation) 
w-az nafas-i ʿarṣa-ye in ḵāk-e tuda-rā
por šarar kon, por šarar kon

وز نفسی عرصه ی این خاک توده را پر شرر کن
And set fire to the whole world out of your sigh
(And with your breath fill this murked earth with your "Riotous Passions")
---
ẓolm-e ẓālem, jawr-e ṣayyād
āšiān-am dāda bar bād

ظلم ظالم، جور صیّاد آشیانم، داده بر باد
the brutality of the oppressor, the cruelty of the hunter has destryed my nest
(The Oppression of the Opressor,  The Hunter's Game, has given my nest to the wind)
ey ḵodā, ey falak, ey ṭabiʿat
šām-e tārik-e mā-rā saḥar kon

ای خدا، ای فلک، ای طبیعت شام تاریک ما را سحر کن
O God, O Heaven, O Nature turn our dark night into a bright dawn 
(Oh God Oh Heavens Oh Nature! "Deliver" our Dark Dine Towards Dawn)
nowbahār ast, gol ba bār ast
abr-e časm-am žala-bār ast

نو بهار است، گل به بار است ابر چشمم، ژاله بار است
It is early in spring, the flowers are in bloom but My eyes are brimmed with tears and 
(A new Spring it us, Flowering in Full it is, The Clouds In My Eyes, Heathered and Hailed Violets)
in qafas čun del-am tang o tār ast

این قفس، چون دلم، تنگ و تار است
this cage is as dark as my heart
(As this cage, so is my heart, tight and webbed)
šoʿla fekan dar qafas ey āh-e ātašin

شعله فکن در قفس ای آه آتشین 
O heartfelt sigh, start fire in the cage
(Subject to the flames, this cage oh fiery exhalation) 
dast-e tabiʿat, gol-e ʿomr-e marā mačin

دست طبیعت گل عمر مرا مچین
O nature´ hand do not pick the flower of my life (don´t take my life)
(Do not pluck the flower of my life, oh hand of nature) 
jāneb-e ʿāšeq negar ey tāza gol---az in
bištar kon, bištar kon, bištar kon

جانب عاشق نگه ای تازه گل از این بیشتر کن 
O beautiful flower, pay more attention to me

(Towards The Lovestruck Glance, oh newly bloomed, make it more so, make it more so)
morḡ-e bidel, šarḥ-e hejrān
moḵtaṣar, moḵtaṣar, moḵtaṣar kon
مرغ بیدل، شرح هجران مختصر، مختصر کن 
O nightingale in love, make brief the separation story of yours
(Oh heartless [Heart torn] bird, [make] brief this [Give Deliverance ] wanderer's affair, make it brief [Deliver So]...

More info on Bird Of Dawn:
 http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/morg-e-sahar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind