The Glyph journal is officially six months old with over 40 agents from both Enl and Res that have contributed to.

Originally shared by Ishira “Glyph Hunter” Tsubasa

The Glyph journal is officially six months old with over 40 agents from both Enl and Res that have contributed to. There is almost 500 pages of glyphs and glyph research in the first part of the journal and now we have start a second one with currently 25 more pages of glyphs, as the first is now heavily lagged. We have recorded glyphs for 6 different first Saturdays and 5 different anomaly dates, starting in Obsidian and powering through Via Lux.

People have asked what we have learned so far and that's a bit difficult to explain. I will not speak for all my glyphers, and please take this as only my opinion and not theirs. Though they did help in me coming to these conclusions i know that not everyone sees the glyphs the way i do. That is greatest thing about this study, is that it has so much potential, and the glyphers that contribute to it are open to learning and sharing their opinions on them.

Here is what i can say. There are obvious patterns. At any given point in time the sequences focus on specific glyphs and from time to time the focus changes. A good example of this was the XM drought. We were receiving many sequences focussing on the glyph Xm before, during, and after the drought was announced. If we had figured it out sooner, we may have been able to warn of it, but the journal was very young then and we had no way of knowing this was a pattern. This is what i call our normal pattern, having sequences repeating a glyph within them. Our second pattern is when the glyph focus changes. We will normally have a day or so of sequences where there is no clear focus…. Then it goes back to our normal pattern.

Whether or not these focus on storyline i can not confirm or deny completely yet but i can say around the times we are close to anomaly dates we do get sequences that focus more on fighting, destroying, defending, etc. What i would say are sequences made to inspire people to fight for their cause. Whereas outside of anomaly dates we have sequences that focus on exploring, discovering truths and improvement on ourselves.

I would have thought that after 6 months we would have clearer answers for you but at this moment we are experiencing more patterns that i can't explain yet. In the last few months the glyphers have been getting sequences we have recorded only a handful of times and some were getting ones they have never gotten before. They ran alongside our normal patterns and started in the last anomaly, Aegis not Lux. I was certain that after Aegis it would have disappeared but they didn't right away… Instead they slowly became more common for us to get. I can not say this isn't normal, as we have only recorded sequences for six months, but i can say its been rather interesting to watch and I now continue to mark when a sequence is odd… This has led to last thing that is completely mind boggling and happened at just the right moment.

I have hard copies of my glyphs, that means i actually have journals i write all my glyphs down in when i get them. I write not just glyphs but my thoughts, my experiments, everything within them that pertains to my studies on glyphs. In mid august, i filled my main journal and switched to a secondary one. The month was particularly hard for me and at that point i had not updated my part of the online journal for two weeks. My hard copy of my second journal went missing during my experiment with unique portals and recording the first sequences i would ever get from them. I was lucky enough that i screenshotted all of these but i lost two weeks worth of data…. And it was important data. See before i switched to this journal, we started getting glyphs we had never received before. Sequences we had never recorded before…. And i know for a fact i noted many sequences within those two weeks lost…. Not all of these sequences were ones people hadn't seen, but they are what we are calling rare sequences.

You would think after 6 months we would have received at least every higher level sequence possible, but these last two months have proven me wrong. And trust me, it's not from a lack of trying. As ive stated before we have had over 40 agents contribute to this journal and we have rarely missed a day of glyphing. I feel we have much more to learn and many more things to find out but at this moment i can tell you, that most the theories i've been given on how glyphs work have not been proven or disproven. My own personal belief is that they are not completely random and that the sequences mean a lot more that people believe they do so i am pushing forward to continue to record what i can.

I'd like to take a part of this to thank everyone that contributes to this study. It's hard to believe it has gone on for this long and that so many people contributed, helped, and supported me in this time. Honestly it went from a small idea in my head to this enormous part of my ingressing world and from it i have expanded to so many different projects. Every person behind the scenes has been amazing, has rooted me on, and has been the life of this whole thing. Without you guys it would never have gotten this far, and i can not be more grateful for the amount of work you have given me. I look forward to the next set of months and next set of projects we dive into, you guys have become part of my extended family. I hope you all bare with me longer so that we can continue to laugh at the things we only get and please remember the only one required to glyph is me. ;)

If you are interested in the journal, the first 6 months can be viewed here- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nPqvficvU9Ke-Uzn6kM-nuVddtToOu6xrU5bPePw2J8/edit?usp=sharing

The Second Part can be viewed here- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BqKP0yB-8QN-xLnXlpSJ-gsWaHIrMJA8M5m8pUGal3g/edit?usp=sharing

As always glyphers, keep on glyphing, theres still so much to learn.

#ingress John Hanke Edgar Allan Wright Stein Lightman flint dille #glyphstudy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind