So I know it’s been a while but back in May, Niantic came out and said that it was possible that the very rare...

So I know it’s been a while but back in May, Niantic came out and said that it was possible that the very rare wristbands for the Aegis Nova anomaly series, may act as a glyph decoder. https://plus.google.com/+Ingress/posts/4rukGvCKXbi

Then in June a letter from Nigel Moyer to his daughter Susanna Moyer was posted on investigate.ingress.com.

Now a lot of people have through there was a way of decoding Nigel’s letter to get more information about how to decode Nigel’s research into the Aegis Nova. Many ways were thought of, and tried, here’s one of my ideas.

I thought that it might be possible to see if the glyphs from the wristbands could be overlaid with the letter to see if there were any specific items that may stand out or patterns that might emerge. Well due to many things interfering with my research I think I’ve done as much as I’ve been able to. I think at this point I may just need to post what I have here and see if maybe it will trigger a “eureka” moment for other investigators.

I started looking at the placement of the grids: the grid used by +Stein Lightman and the grid that is used in the scanner. I didn’t see anything that stood out to me so I looked at the glyphs for both the resistance and enlightened sides of the wristband and compared them, tried to combine them using two glyphs (using one glyph from the enlightened side and the glyph from the same place on the resistance side), then combining all four glyphs for each side and finally all eight glyphs on the wristband. Still nothing stood out.

So then I looked at each glyph individually laid over top of the letter. I had to blur the glyphs a bit to be able to see the word underneath the glyph. Then I started to get a bit frustrated and with all the delays due to outside interferences, I decided to ask +Achim S. and +Ishira Tsubasa to look at what I had so far and see if they could see something, anything I might have missed. Well between talking with both of them I found a way that I hadn’t thought of on my own.

I looked at the words that each glyph came into contact with (trying to keep it where at least one letter in the word was 50% or more covered by a line used in the glyph). I found some words were only used once while the majority of the words were used anywhere between 2-9 times. I also noted that two glyphs did not contain any unique words. Here is my findings, please let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind