A new Investigator I met through Reddit and I were having a conversation.

A new Investigator I met through Reddit and I were having a conversation.

He had this to say regarding the newest breadcrumb and the Obsidius breadcrumbs in general.

"I wonder if there is a way to feed back into the portal to encourage fragments to emerge.
Unless the New Wave Enlightened have some sort of secret for us to uncover."(Could the NW ENL or NW overall cause a change in the Portal Network? Not sure but I believe it's possible.)

When I asked for clarification, he responded with this:

"To quote an episode of Dr. Who - 'A door once opened, can be stepped through in either direction'.
Currently, we are pulling stuff through as we 'Hack'. It may be a function that our scanners aren't capable of, Or they may need some tech or knowledge that only the New Wave currently have access to."

I believe he was suggesting a reverse hack of a portal. Instead of taking things out of the portal network, a way to put things in.

This is interesting to think about. It surprised me and put a smile on my face.

From what I know, this ability already exists. There are people and organizations(think the NIA and Corps) that are capable to insert things into the network- Hank Johnson​ putting in breadcrumbs to jog his memory during the Darsana series is a prime example.

But I'm not too sure if such a power can be utilized by normal Agents. I believe that he was onto something about the scanner being modified to harness such a power that I think only incredibly powerful Sensitives like Obsidius possess naturally.

Just something I wanted to share with you all as I go about my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind