So, I'm not sure whether or not this is the best place to post this.

So, I'm not sure whether or not this is the best place to post this. I'm not necessarily looking for research on it, but I could use... Interpretation, I guess?

So I woke up this morning (9/10) from a very odd and bizarre dream. Normally this wouldn't raise much of a fuss from me, but... I don't usually remember details and this one I did... Plus the latter part seems to have an Ingress vibe to it.

So... The dream started off with my wife and I living in an apartment (we live in a house now). Our 2 kids were nowhere in this dream. Apparently there were a series of unsolved shootings in the apartment complex we lived in; not gruesome, but the M.O. was the same: a single shot to the middle of the forehead with something very small caliber... Almost like a BB gun, but obviously more powerful.

Anyway, my wife was in the shower... And I remember two men breaking in. It was a quiet thing (didn't pull my wife out of the shower), so I almost felt like I opened the door, thinking they were someone else? As it was, I couldn't see one of the men very well... Wore a hood... But the other's face I could recall reasonably well... Looked older, graying hair, bearded, but his face had some youth to it. And that will come into play later.

Some details at this point are fuzzy... But I do remember that it wound up these two were tied into some cult. I also found out that they were responsible for the shootings; they had a ledger with a list of names and apartment numbers in it... The ones crossed out corresponded with the shootings... And my wife and I were the next apartment on the list.

The hooded man held a gun, very small caliber... And the older man spoke to me... Said that the only way to save mine and my wife's lives was to basically vow my life and money to this cult. I had to fill my pertinent info into this leather ledger...

At this point, it got weird. The older man said that I had to make my vow to the cult by writing down this... Chant? Mantra? Into the ledger. He said that I had to write it very specifically, that the others "hadn't gotten it right". So basically I felt that I had to do it right to survive. I don't remember the exact mantra... But there were a few specific things I do remember:

- The word "Wow" exactly 7 times at the end of it... I remember asking about this several times because I was oddly paranoid about getting it wrong.
- The name Ezekiel
- The word "Whydah"... Yes, that exact spelling.

I remember the older man asking me if I knew the significance behind Whydah... I remember answering that it had something to do with a religious following for farmers, and I don't remember him correcting me.

I recall writing the mantra down, trying not to overwrite the paer in the ledger because I feared for my life... But when I got to the end... The 7 "Wow"s... It didn't feel like I was writing them into the ledger in a standard sense... It felt like I was sewing them into the paper, threading them in. The way I was doing it was haphazard and awkward... Random letter orders, different styles and sizes... But the man never said anything, like I was doing what I was supposed to.

My wife came out of the shower at this point, and that's when I woke up.

So obviously there were a lot of unanswered questions here... But Whydah... Really stuck out. Because obviously we've talked about Whydah in the Investigation before. So I thought about the name Ezekiel.

Well, if there's a connection between Ezekiel and Whydah, it had to be Dr. Ezekiel Calvin. So I began to ask the community if we had pictures of the good doctor... Something just told me I needed to know. And after seeing the pictures...

Doctor Ezekiel Calvin was the older gentleman in my dream.

Things were a bit of a spiral now, so I thought about the other weird thing about the dream... The "Wow"s... How they were so random, so odd... But they seemed... Right? I was talking to Ariel Diana and Ishira Tsubasa about this, and suddenly it dawned on me.

Was I... Glyphing... On this 'contract'? The realization was frightening but made some sense... Ishira and Ariel both helped me realize that several different Glyphs could look like Ws and Os, and it made sense... I could see them, but I couldn't remember the order I did them in my dream, so I couldn't think of the sequences they could've possibly had me writing.

The dream... Makes little sense at large. There's also the fact that it felt like me, but it... Didn't feel like me. Like it was an alternative life. My kids didn't exist, I was living a much simpler life with my wife... But...

Was I seeing into another quantum reality? A different aspect of my mind palace? Was I seeing my own simulacrum? A simulation in the Substrate or the Ultimate?

And how the Hell was the good doctor there, if no one's seen him in... A long time?

More questions than answers, more creepiness than not, more... I don't know.

Anyway, thanks for 'listening'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind