I had an "I wonder..." night and decided to look something up.

I had an "I wonder..." night and decided to look something up. Not being able to fully find what I was looking for, I called for help from my fellow Exessians and Ishira Tsubasa​ and Richard Doni​ jumped right in to help.

So I was looking for something that might explain why Susanna Moyer found the ENL compound near Big Sur, California and how the shots heard during Oliver Lynton-Wolfe​ extraction could be heard in Northern California. (FYI Big Sur is south of San Fransisco.)

Now, not knowing California as well as I'd like, I had assumed, incorrectly, that Big Sur was somewhere near Camp Navarro and that this might explain a few things. But it only provided more questions.

Distance wise, Big Sur is 221-ish miles, as the crow flies, from Camp Navarro. Driving, its longer. 272 miles. At that point, I tried to look for the midpoint. I failed miserably. So I asked for help.

Ishira was of some help. She, with Richard's help, figured out that the portals Aurora and Cupid's Span are somewhere close to the midpoint. But that was still off, and I still felt that it wasn't what my mind was looking for.

Then I found my Eureka moment

A feature of Google maps I didn't know existed. It doesn't, at least not that I'm aware of, on Google maps mobile. But the desktop. Oh, that beautiful desktop version!

I am not too sure what it means, though I do know it means something. But I felt the need to share my discovery.

What I found was the old Niantic hotel.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/site-of-the-niantic-gold-rush-ship-hotel
Edgar Allan Wright
Hank Johnson​
H. Richard Loeb​
flint dille
John Hanke​



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind