This is going to be a bit longer than I'm used to writing but I fell down a rabbit hole.



This is going to be a bit longer than I'm used to writing but I fell down a rabbit hole.

It started the night I had my “I wonder” night. We had been discussing, in the Essex chatroom, the Acolyte and where the ENL compound was. Not knowing much about California geography, I set off on my quest. As I stated in this post, https://plus.google.com/u/0/104903546245340441282/posts/YpkKXwtpJw6, I had figured out how to find the distance between Camp Navarro, where Carlos Piedra Aguda had lead his crew after fleeing Paita with the totem, and Big Sur, where Susanna Moyer was last seen on her way to meet the Acolyte.
The distance was 220 miles. That lead me to find the Niantic Hotel, which was 110 miles north of Big Sur and south of Camp Navarro.But I needed to dig deeper and what I found provided me with more questions and not enough answers yet.

Yes. The Niantic hotel is the midpoint if you walked from Big Sur to Camp Navarro. But it is not an exact midpoint. That honor belongs to Jacob Luckenbach. The SS Jacob Luckenbach.

On July 15, 1953, The Jacob Luckenbach was to set sail for Korea with Jeep parts and other things. There was a thick fog that morning, so visibility was low. (I have vague memories of the thick fog when I lived there myself. You could barely see 5 feet in front of you.) it had crossed the bridge and was heading out to sea when it got struck by the SS Hawaiian Pilot. It sank 15 miles from Point Bonita.

Now, this was where I might have stopped, but I am a researcher, so I had to see who Jacob Luckenbach was. Jacob Luckenbach was one of the first farmers to come to Texas. Born in Germany, he found a home for his wife and many children. There is a town and a song that bears his family’s name. I thought that was quite impressive. But didn’t seem to quench my thirst for answers as to why Luckenbach. There was something more and I had to find it. And I think I did. Or at least I am closer now than I was before.

Now we go back further in history. Not much but it is relevant. The Luckenbach’s came to America with the help of Adelsverein. The Adelsverein had purchased the Fisher-Miller grant from Mr.’s Fisher and Miller in the hopes of bring Germans to Texas, which they did. The Fisher-Miller grant composes of 7 counties: Concho, Menard, Kimble, McCollach, Mason, Llano, and San Saba.

When the current owners of the grant went to survey the land they realized it was with Comanche territory. Mr. John O. Meusebach(named El Sol Colorado by the Penateka Comanche Chief Ketemoczy (Katemcy) knew that for his colony to survive he would have to propose a treaty with the Comanche. Somewhere along the way, “they visited an old Spanish fort on the San Saba River, to determine viability for a settlement. It was a region said to be rich in silver deposits. In the ruins of Presidio San Sabá, they found etched the names of previous mineral speculators, including that of Jim Bowie who had been there in 1829.”

Is it a coincidence that this connection exists? San Saba, Jim Bowie, The SS Jacob Luckenbach, Big Sur and Camp Navarro. And if the connection exists how much deeper does it go? John Hanke , are you sure you're not a sensitive yourself? :)

https://sanctuaries.noaa.gov/maritime/expeditions/luckenbach.html
https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/mnf01
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meusebach–Comanche_Treaty#Meusebach_and_the_Penateka_Comanche

H. Richard Loeb
flint dille
Hank Johnson
Project Isthmus
Ariel Diana(thank you for doing what you do)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind