Okay so after reading the official statements by ADA and Hank I switched over to Facebook to not think about Ingress...

Okay so after reading the official statements by ADA and Hank I switched over to Facebook to not think about Ingress for a while and came upon a post in a group a friend of mine founded called "The Muse".  Which is a place for inspirational "pay it forward"/"random acts of kindness" stuff.

And it was a quote by Pres. Kennedy about how the Chinese symbol for "crisis" is made up of two brush strokes that represent "danger" and "opportunity" in that order when you write it.

So of course that got me thinking about glyphs.

Good job Facebook...

Anyway.

There's an element of our research into Glyphs that might have been lacking and... I believe it was Melissa L. that pointed it out recently with a link to a video of Carrie Campbell meeting with PAC.

That being the Glyphs have a sonic element which may be critical to making them have an impact...

Unfortunately, the only ones who seem to understand this element would be Carrie herself and ADA...  Neither of which, I think, we can count on for a consultation. 

What is this sonic element?  Is it something we can discover and use?

Is the sonic element really about sound?  Or is it about vibration?  Sound is vibration, in some cases you can feel it even if you can't hear it...  I know when ever one of those cars with the stupidly huge subwoofers pulls up next to me at a stop light and I can't hear the music but I can feel the beat with my whole body it throws me into a murderous rage.

But I digress.

Okay, so the glyphs aren't shapes that only represents concepts but sounds/tones/vibrations/wavelengths as well.

Are they arbitrary symbols assigned by some intelligence at some point or is the sound/tone/vibration/wavelength locked in the pattern of the individual glyphs?

One theory is that the different points on the calibration grid represent individual notes and the points a particular glyph uses are parts of a cord.

Thoughts?

Edgar Allan Wright flint dille Stein Lightman Yuri Alaric Nagassa Hank Johnson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

<base...

Akira Tsukasa and DeepMind